Fernando, Co-Founder and Senior Partner of our firm, has extensive experience in all the fields of Industrial and Intellectual property, including filing and prosecution of patents, utility models, industrial designs and trademarks, enforcement, Licensing, Franchising and Litigation of IP rights.
As Head of the Department of IP Litigation his current practice is mainly focused on counseling and assistance in complex IP issues, particularly those involving rejected Patent Applications, unfair competition practices, publicity and personality rights, contract and litigation,.
Along with his private practice Fernando has carried out a vast body of academic work, both in Universities and in different professional institutions. He has also played key roles in the academic programmes and the leadership of various organizations, including holding the Presidency of Licensing Executives Society (LES) (1991) and of the Argentine Society of Industrial Property Agents (2000-2002); and member of the Board of Directors of the Buenos Aires Lawyers’ Association (2007-2011). He continues to lead numerous courses and seminars organized by national and international institutions.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Pons Foundation Masterclass : License Agreements for the Masters in Industrial and Intellectual Property, Competition and New Technologies; Madrid, Spain, March 2018.
- Presentation: “Industrial Property and the Fashion Industry”, Third International Meeting, International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, Mexican Group, Cancun, Mexico; March 2014
- Presentation: “Patents of Invention”, for the Intellectual Property Diploma for Judges and Prosecutors, Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, September 2017.
- Chapter on Argentina, “Getting the Deal Through – Trademarks” – 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 editions. Chapter on Argentina, “International Comparative Legal Guide to Pharmaceutical Advertising”; Global Legal Group, 2006.
- Article: “Requirements for interim remedies in light of North American doctrine and jurisprudence”, in: Interim Remedies in Accordance with Law 25859 and the TRIPS Agreement; Abeledo Perrot, 2008.
- Article: “INPI Administrative Acts and related Jurisprudential Concepts”, in Industrial Property Manual, International Judicial Academy, The Law, 2010.
- Article: “ Unfair Competition and Moral Damage to Legal Entities”, in: Current Topics in Commercial Law” – Dedicated to Dr Enrique M. Butty; 1st Edition, Buenos Aires; IJ Editores, 2011.
- Article: “Laws 17.011 and 22.195, The Paris Agreement on Industrial Property and Unfair Competition. TRIPS Agreement adopted by Law 24.425” in: Annotated Civil and Commercial Codes, edited by Atilio A. Alterini and Hector R. Alegría, Volume VIII (Companies), 1st Edition, Buenos Aires; La Ley 2012.
- Article: “Trade Names and Commerce”, in: Annotated Civil and Commercial Codes, edited by Atilio Alterini and Hector R. Alegría), Volume VIII (Companies), 1st. Edition, Buenos Aires; La Ley 2012.